We are juggling renovations right now and trying to lock in a contractor for the big project. So I thought I’d take a moment to talk about my favorite place in the world, Hawaii!
Why do I love Hawaii? I love the islands for their culture, lifestyle, and appreciation of beauty. I feel at one with the planet and myself when I’m in Hawaii. Life slows down and real things matter. I probably can’t explain the feeling, but I can share with you some of my favorite places and things in Maui.
- If you love whales like I do, you need to walk along the Kapalua Coastal Trail on Maui. It’s an easy walk and provides breathtaking views. It also happened to be a great spot for spotting whales when we went last year.
- Breakfast is delicious, so I can’t choose one place. My two favorites are Koa’s in Lahaina & The Seahouse in the Napili area. Both have killer Loco Moco dishes and gorgeous views.
- There is a weekly craft show at The Westin Ocean Resort Villas, and it features a variety of talented local artists. I enjoy learning about the artists and admiring their work.
- It’s hard to choose a favorite beach. I will say my favorites tend to be along the Road to Hana & beyond.
4. Although this one isn’t in Maui, I visit the island of Lanai when I’m in Maui. The Lanai Cat Santuary is probably my favorite place! It’s home to over 400 cats, and the volunteers/staff are amazing. I’ll stay as long as they will let me, and I hope they’ll hire me when I retire.
5. While on Lanai, I also visit Mike Carroll’s art gallery. His artwork brings Hawaii home for me, literally. I have many of his paintings throughout the house.
6. Another favorite is Hawaiian shaved ice. Passion fruit, strawberry, mango, and coconut are just a few flavors. There’s nothing like enjoying a frozen treat while sitting on the beach.
I can’t wait to share photos from our upcoming trip. Stay tuned. I’ll have lots to share soon.