It’s Cinco de Mayo! The perfect excuse to make this refreshing drink that will give you all the summer feels. The Cabana Cooler happens to be one of my all time favorite non-alcoholic drinks. I recently developed what I think is a pretty authentic replica. Before I share the recipe, let me tell you how I got hooked on this fruity concoction.
Ryan and I frequent a restaurant here called Pappasito’s Cantina. We actually ate here the night we got engaged, so it’s a special place to us. There are several locations in Texas if you live out that way. Anyway, I ordered this drink years ago and ordered it every time since until they removed it from the menu. I can still get the drink depending on the bartender and our server that night. On our last visit, the bartender made it in front of me and I took notes.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 oz Monin Strawberry Puree
- 1/2 oz Monin Vanilla Syrup
- 1-2 Lemons
- 1 can of Strawberry Bubly
- Lemon Juicer
- Measuring Cup
- 16 oz Drinking Glass or Tervis
- Optional Strawberries and Pineapple for Garnishment
- Measure 1 oz of strawberry puree and vanilla syrup. Pour into glass.
- Cut a lemon in half. Place one half at a time into lemon juicer and squeeze lemons into measuring cup.
- Measure out an ounce of juice and pour into the glass. If you don’t have enough juice, repeat Step 2 with the second lemon.
- Mix puree, syrup, and lemon juice with a spoon.
- Add half a can of Strawberry Bubly to glass and stir.
- Fill glass with ice.
- Add garnishment of strawberry and pineapple if desired.
- Sit back and enjoy.
That’s it. This recipe is super simple to make and great for the entire family. I hope you enjoy this cooler as much as I do.